Value for Money briefings
Audit Commission prepares its Value for Money legacy
The Audit Commission expects to close on 31 March 2015, as enabled by the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014. In its remaining time the Commission will continue to make available its Value for Money Profiles.
The VFM Profiles are widely used, with 9,000 visitors in the last financial year. Now with improved accessibility, they bring together data about the cost, performance and activity of local councils and fire authorities. The Profiles show how organisations are spending resources, what services they perform and how these costs and performance levels compare between organisations, and over time.
The Commission is enhancing the visibility of its VFM Profiles by presenting information about:
- how spending and activity have changed over time;
- how councils’ performance differs; and
- factors affecting variation in activity and costs.
We hope they will be helpful to auditors and those in, or interested in, local government.
- Social care for older people – levelling methodology
- Social care for older people – levelling methodology – Appendix C